The social networking sites which were enjoyable and helped in connecting to friends, family and like minded people seems to be turning out to be a annoying place to be in. The once facebook addict me, now feel that its creating too much chaos around. The memes, the so called intellectual videos, negativity, intolerance, sarcasm and criticism on anything and everything are the main annoying factors today.
Vblogs or Video blogs : Everyday 1000 of videos float through the internet and most popular are the ones that speaks gossip about actors/celebrities or that contains controversy. The titles of these videos are more annoying. For instance a celebrity had tweeted that the guy she is married to is her second husband while her job is her first husband. The title of videos that talk about it are ‘Celebrity is married twice and is expecting her baby from her second husband’. Dei who are you guys da???
Negativity : Being in India and also being active in social media, the toughest part is to find positivity. There are ‘n’ number of people who in the virtual world try to make us believe the following :
- We reside at a cruel, blood thirst, non secular nation where only worst of the worst happens.
- We eat only harmful food which will lead to cancer.
- Fat people shall get cardiac diseases and slim people shall live forever.
- A particular religion is great while others are fake.
- Whatever we have believed to be our cultural identity is all fake and we have been living in a shell.
- And lot more…
Sarcasm and criticism : Meme is a trend now. But its so annoying to put a meme for anything and everything. From a woman’s dressing to the government policies, from an actor’s interview to a movie celebration, from a social issue to supporting anti national activities, the sarcasm and criticism have grown hugely in the social networking platforms which really spreads more negativity.
So what can we do? Quit social networking sites? Get depressed watching all nonsense shared? Not necessarily. Here are my quick tips for you to enjoy being in social media:
- Everyone who you know need not be your friend in social media if their ideologies or the content they share is annoying you. There is always an unfriend option to click and remove them from your social circle.
- Take oath to spread positivity and motivate people around.
- Whatever is said or shared need not be true always. Hence don’t get upset with the share against your ideologies.
- You need not always defend the activities that you believe in. Remember there is life outside social media.
- Join groups that matches your interests and get to know people who share your interests and keep learning new stuffs.
- Subscribe to pages or people who inspire you. Read more stuffs that motivates you to move forward in life.
- Stop sharing and arguing over politics and religion as that gives a huge peace of mind. Learn to ignore.
These are what I follow to overcome the negativity that’s passed through social media. Lets use social networking sites to spread positivity and peace rather than creating chaos. Everyone has right to share their views and you have the right to choose what to take in and what not. So be smart and be happy.