The summer holidays for kids is nearing or would have already started for few. Isn’t it a tough job to manage kids for 2 months at home? They will be bored and hence either they would be glued to the tv or be at ground playing cricket in the scorching sun or finding ways to spend the time frivolously. Can we plan something which can make their holidays interesting?
Following are the five tips from me , to make your kid’s summer holidays useful and interesting:
1. Learn to fulfill their basic needs : When we always wish that our kids should grow up to be an independent person, they should be taught basic household work like drying clothes, ironing clothes, make coffee or tea, clean small vessels, cleaning their cupboard and arraging them, dusting house etc. How much ever your kids live a luxurious life, they should know to fulfill their basic needs and should not rely on others. So make them feel proud to do their work and encourage the same.
2. Enhance skills: Lot of institutions organise summer camps for various skills. I googled and found that there are summer camps for anything and everything from handwriting improvement to developing android apps for school children from age 5 to 16. Enroll your kid for the course matching their skill set. Few may be interested in doing a theatre course while some kids might like to learn a new skill like swimming or painting or dancing. Use this holiday effectively by sowing a new beginning or watering the growing interest in yout kid to shape their future.
3. Volunteering to social activities: Parents should be responsible first to bring up a socially responsible child. Just by telling our kids wont help the society but we should make them understand and actionable. They can volunteer to visit an old age home or orphanage all the days during their summer holidays and help the inmates in their needs. They can also find out for social activities happening around your place for cleaning up beaches or painting schools etc through internet and contribute to the same. Encourage them on the same even after their school reopens.
4. Trip to a new place: Holidays are always fun with outings or a trip but for indian cities summer outings will definitely not be enjoyable. Hence take a trip to a new place (hill station) where you can escape from the heat. If you find that not affordable, make a trip to your native village or rural area where your kids can get along with nature. The kids will definitely have to understand the life of rural people too as being in cities the kids see only the lifestyle that we are into.
5. Learn a new language: Learning a new language shall improve the creative side of the brain. Also learning a new language shall be fun for kids as that will be informative as well as exciting. Kids always wish everyone to recognise the result of every action they perform and this is easy way to gain recognition from friends and family.
Apart from the above you can encourage them in developing their reading skills, enrolling them for fitness schedules, plan for picnic with their friends and parents etc.
Let me know if the tips were interesting. Do you have any such tips? Share it with me in comments.