If you have been following my A to Z challenge, I would have wrote about places in India which are famous hill stations, forts, archaeologically best, forests etc but I was worried that I haven’t wrote about my state TamilNadu. You might think that why I didnt take TamilNadu for the alphabet “T”. It would have been very vast to cover. So I thought to highlight locations around my native where I studied (Thanjavur) and where I spent my holidays in my grandpa’s and aunt’s home (Trichy).
Trichy or Tiruchirapalli and Thanjavur are famous for lot of hindu temples, archaeological and ancient monuments.
- Srirangam Ranganathar temple , Trichy
- Rockfort Ganesha temple, Trichy
- Thiruanaikovil, Trichy
- Kallanai dam, Trichy
- Mokkumbu , Trichy
- Puliyancholai falls, Trichy
- St. Joseph’s church, Trichy
- Vekkaliamman temple, Trichy
- Samayapuram temple, Trichy
- Rail musuem , Trichy
- Brahadeeshwarar temple, Thanjavur
- Thanjavur palace, Thanjavur
- Saraswati Mahal Library, Thanjavur
- Gangai Konda Cholapuram, Thanjavur
- Manora fort, Thanjavur
- Sivagangai park, Thanjavur
- Sangeetha Mahal, Thanjavur
- Thirunallar temple, Thanjavur
- Swami malai temple, Thanjavur
- Alangudi temple, Thanjavur
- Punnainallur mariamman temple, Thanjavur
P.S : If you find this blog interesting, please follow me to know about next 6 places which you should visit in India in next 6 days Ok now keep guessing about the place that starts with the letter ‘U’ in India which I shall write about till tomorrow or you can also leave the guesses in the comments column below.
I am writing this article as part of #AtoZChallenge2016 and you can know more about it here.