Alappuzha or Allepey as its known as popularly in South India is a district in Kerala. The place is famous for picturesque canals, backwaters, beaches, and lagoons. Any one who makes a trip to Kerala will not miss the houseboat ride in Allepey backwaters. If you are a foodie the seafood varieties that you get to feast on will make you more happy. Allepey / Alappuzha is called as ‘Venice of the East’.
- 19th century Light house
- Nehru Trophy snake boat race thats happening since 1952
- Vembanad lake
- Ancient temples and churches
- Beaches around Alappuzha
How to reach Allepey:
- Cochin airport is 75 kms and you can take drive from airport to Allepey
- Kerala transport services runs buses from almost all places to Allepey
- Allepey has its own railway station and can be reached by any trains that goes to Cochin and Trivandrum.
- If you are self driving, Alleppey is accessible by National Highway-47, which goes through Ambalapuzha and Cherthala cities. Also , Alleppey is well connected to other cities such as Kochi, Kottayam, Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Chennai, Bangalore and Coimbatore by road.
P.S : If you find this blog interesting, please follow me to know about next 25 places which you should visit in India in next 25 days 🙂 Ok now keep guessing about the place that starts with the letter ‘B’ in India which I shall write about till tomorrow or you can also leave the guesses in the comments column below.
I am writing this article as part of #AtoZChallenge2016 and you can know more about it here.